Signing on to BBO
This is a short introduction to playing bridge on Bridge Base Online, adapted (with thanks) from an English Bridge Union guide.
1) In an Internet web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome etc) Go to www.bridgebase.com
2) Click ‘Play bridge now’ (red button in centre)
3) If you have not previously registered with BBO then click ‘Become a member (free!)
4) Type in a User name. It will need to be unique and it will show ‘Unavailable’ in blue if your chosen User name is already taken. Try adding a number or choose an unusual nickname if your preferred username is unavailable.
5) Type in a password and then type in the password again. The password may only contain letters and numbers.
6) Type in your real name if you want that to be displayed to other BBO users, otherwise leave this blank. Leave the ACBL number field blank. You can add your skill level (or simply highlight Private) and country of origin. The screen should then look something like this:
7) Click the checkbox for ‘I agree to the Terms of Service’
8) Click Register
9) You will now have been automatically logged on:
10) BBO has multiple different ways to play. When you log on you wil see a wide range of options. My online sessions will be organised for you: all you need to do is wait for an invitation from whoever is hosting the table. (If I have asked you to be a table host for the session, then you will need to look at this other post to see what to do).